The Software Development Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating one or more agile scrum teams to deliver high-quality software solutions. The primary focus of this position is on performing technical development and support for implementation projects, with potential opportunity for some base product development as well. This encompasses project management, quality assurance, automated testing, deployment and reporting.
- Accountable for management of the technical aspects of multiple concurrent projects, aligning team to meet schedule and fulfill commitments; works closely with professional services to recalibrate prioritization based on field needs
- Collaborates with customers, professional services, and product management to ensure clearly defined user requirements, product definition, and acceptance criteria
- Adapt development priorities to match business goals
- Provides guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members of internal and external developers
- Develop and maintain best practices in development process and technical approaches
- Examine, evaluate and assess the impact of potential market changes
- Maintain an awareness of competition’s capabilities
- Provides senior level technical guidance and agile/scrum mentorship
- Actively monitors and identifies metrics that can effectively report the overall health of projects and systems to mitigate risk and resolve issues before they are experienced by other groups/clients
- Create budgets, timelines, scopes of work and resources necessary to complete sprints and projects.
- Create and maintain clear reporting for upper management on budget, timelines and resources for projects and development efforts.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Pay and Benefits
Safety NetAccess Inc. offers employees a competitive benefits and compensation package including medical, paid vacation and holidays, and convenient office location in Needham, MA.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 617.268.2155.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.