When we are planning a trip for business or pleasure, most of us are filled with excitement and anticipation. We are eager to explore a new city or return to a favorite place and shake up our routine. Many of us look forward to enjoying new discoveries in between our business meetings or conference sessions.
Then, when we arrive in an unfamiliar hotel, we may feel a wave of homesickness. We wonder how our children managed during their school exams and whether a friend succeeded during a job interview. Before we set off to explore new territory, the urge to contact loved ones at home often strikes.
Top Priorities and Challenges for Global Travelers
According to a recent global study of 10,000 business travelers from InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), staying in touch with family is top priority. In addition, free Internet made these connections possible and eased related travel stress. Here are some of the key sources of travelers’ stress, which were identified in this research:
- No Internet connection to contact family: 40%
- Difficulties with transportation: 26%
- Noisy location: 24%
This worldwide study was commissioned during the summer to mark the launch of IHG’s renamed loyalty program, IHG® Rewards Club. When the findings were released in July, IHG was the first and only hotel group to offer free Internet access globally to all its loyalty members. This new benefit began with Elite members and extended to all members from 2014 including guests staying the night, others stopping by for coffee or visitors attending a meeting.
Research Underscores Value of Internet Access
Other findings stressed the importance of Internet access for business travelers. Here are some of the key points:
- Of those surveyed, 61%indicated that Internet was the most important amenity in their hotel room above TV (17%), bath (5%), fridge (3%) and mini-bar (1%).
- Access to the Internet in their room on arrival topped the list of items that help travelers feel most at home in their hotel room (31%), above exploring the room (25%), taking a hot shower (14%) or unpacking (13%).
- Nearly two thirds (64%) of travelers preferred to communicate with family and friends over the Internet rather than using the phone.
- More than half of parents (53%) surveyed cited connecting with family at home as the best way to de-stress at the end of a working day.
- Of the survey participants, 89% said that free Internet would make them happier while traveling for business.
- Of respondents, 65% would be very displeased while traveling if they had no way of connecting with family at home.
More Information About Approved Wireless Vendor
Safety NetAccess is proud to serve IHG as the approved wireless vendor. In addition, our experienced staff members provides Internet access at other hotel retail chains including:
- Best Western
Every member of our team cares about helping travelers feel comfortable when they are away from home. For more information about providing Internet access in your hotel, resort or other facility, contact Safety NetAccess now.