With a trend in increasing Internet use around the world, many think that access in every location is as essential as the air we breathe. When we travel for work or pleasure, remaining connected online has become a top priority. As a result, we often select destinations that will accommodate our need for easy—and fast—Internet access.
Steadily Increasing Number of Internet Users
According to Statista, the number of Internet users in the United Sates has grown steadily since 2000. Here are some of the astounding numbers:
- In 2013, 262.08 million Internet users accessed the web from the United States, up from 257.26 million in the previous year.
- In 2014, 269 million Internet users were on record in the United States.
- In 2014, the global online population was estimated at more than 2.7 billion Internet users.
Importance of Online Access While Traveling
When many travel—particularly during the summer—they have come to expect Internet access at hotels. Most travelers now regard this service, previously considered an amenity, as a basic requirement before selecting a place to stay. In the competitive hotel industry, accommodating visitors’ online interests is one way to fill one of the many available rooms.
Here are some of the reasons that travelers need to use the Internet in hotels:
- Complete work projects and respond to email messages promptly
- Search for directions and places to visit during conference breaks or vacations
- Find discount coupons for restaurants, local destinations and entertainment
Wired and Wireless Solutions to Stay Competitive in Hotel Industry
When travelers start to search for hotels at desired locations, the choices are usually plentiful. Some of the leading chains have strategically placed their hotels across the world. Here are some figures from Statista regarding top revenue-producing hotels around the globe:
- The British hotel chain InterContinental Hotels Group has more than 4,600 hotels worldwide.
- Hilton Worldwide has 3,992 international hotels.
- Marriott International has 3,672 hotels across the world.
Safety NetAccess is a world-class managed, wireless (Wi-Fi) and wired network solutions services provider, which has served the hospitality industry since 2001. Our company is a an approved vendor for the following national hotel chains, among others:
- Best Western
As a recognized high-speed Internet access (HSIA) industry leader with turnkey, sophisticated network design and engineering, our philosophy is an “INTEGRITY FIRST” work ethic. Our commitment to the quality of our work is evidenced in our longstanding relationships. Our services include:
- Network design and consulting
- Project management
- Custom portal services
- Security solutions
- Bandwidth management
- Tiered 24/7 Help Desk
- Network Operations Center services
As our company name suggests, we are committed to providing Internet safety and access. Protecting our client’s brand is as important to them as it is to us. Our clients’ need to provide quality HSIA service is beyond priority one at Safety NetAccess.
For Safety Net, “access” is simply the beginning of the relationship. From survey to design and installation, to our 24/7 customer care, engineering our client’s networks (regardless of industry) is about partnering with the client and delivering those services with ethics and integrity. Our reputation precedes us, as we focus continually on what matters most: the reputation of our client.
Safety Net Access: Integrity First. Contact us!